- When is it going to get warm?
- When should I sow my Tomato Seeds?
- Recipe: Sweetcorn Chowder
- Waterbutt in the Polytunnel – A final conclusion
- Recipe: Chicken, Swiss Chard & Noodles
- Starting the Year
- Raspberry Pi: Integration with Dropbox
- Raspberry Pi: Moving Files in a Network
- Tomatoes: Determinate, Indeterminate, Semi-Determinate, Cordon or Bush: Pruning & Harvesting
- Should you grow Multiple Stems on Indeterminate Tomatoes?
- Creating a Headless Raspberry Pi System from an Apple Mac
- Recipe: Hungarian Goulash
- Recipe: Pork Vindaloo
- Recipe: Gluten Free Pork Pie
- Recipe: Aubergine Rogan Josh
Monthly Archives: December 2017
Having decided to be wheat free, pastry is one of the things I find most difficult to be without. Worst of all, I love pork pies and a gluten / wheat free pork pie is one thing I haven’t found … Continue reading
A simple to make supper which tastes (a lot) better than it looks. Its good to eat when aubergines are cheap and fresh in the supermarkets (we can’t grow large enough aubergines) and uses frozen chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. … Continue reading
I’m a member of an internet tomato seed swap. The simple idea is that a number of you collect your own seed, bag them up and send them to somebody who (very kindly) gathers them al up and sends them … Continue reading
This is a simple to make rich soup, reheats in the microwave well and freezes. Ingredients in italics we’ve grown ourselves (maybe from the freezer). Ingredients Butter & Oil 3 Onions finely chopped 750g Potatoes cut onto small chunks 750g Butternut Squash 600g Sweetcorn blitzed … Continue reading
I’ve seen a number of discussions as to whether putting a waterbutt filled with water in the polytunnel would help to avoid frosts and (possibly) encourage earlier growth by raising the average temperature in the polytunnel. Whilst there was a … Continue reading