A quick and easy risotto that uses plenty of tomatoes and so is good during August when there are plenty of ripe tomatoes coming from the garden.
Ingredients (for 4)
- 400+g ripe tomatoes
- 150g carrots
- 1 Onion
- 3 small potatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 100g mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (or less if you don't want it too spicy)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 300ml fish stock
- 350g White Fish (cod or basa filet)
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a dash of water and add the carrots, potatoes, onion, mushrooms & celery. Cook stirring for about 2 minutes then add the spices and bay leaves.
- Add the tomatoes and stock then cover and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes) the add the fish and cook until the fish is cooked (5-10 minutes).
- Serve in bowls with heated bread rolls.