- When should I sow my Tomato Seeds?
- Recipe: Sweetcorn Chowder
- Waterbutt in the Polytunnel – A final conclusion
- Recipe: Chicken, Swiss Chard & Noodles
- Starting the Year
- Raspberry Pi: Integration with Dropbox
- Raspberry Pi: Moving Files in a Network
- Tomatoes: Determinate, Indeterminate, Semi-Determinate, Cordon or Bush: Pruning & Harvesting
- Should you grow Multiple Stems on Indeterminate Tomatoes?
- Creating a Headless Raspberry Pi System from an Apple Mac
- Recipe: Hungarian Goulash
- Recipe: Pork Vindaloo
- Recipe: Gluten Free Pork Pie
- Recipe: Aubergine Rogan Josh
- What Tomatoes to Grow in 2018?
Category Archives: Blog
I ask myself this question every year. The seed packets say “sow in late winter” (when’s that?) or “late January to March” (more understandable) and, in different years, I’ve tried sowing from early January through until early April. I think … Continue reading
Right, first day this year when the weather seems to have been good enough to think about being out in the garden. The ground seems to have been so soggy this year that walking around will do the grass harm … Continue reading
I’ve seen a number of discussions as to whether putting a waterbutt filled with water in the polytunnel would help to avoid frosts and (possibly) encourage earlier growth by raising the average temperature in the polytunnel. Whilst there was a … Continue reading
Yesterday I went to the allotment to prune my Autumn Fruiting Raspberries. Raspberries are possibly one of the few reasons why I want to keep my allotment. This year we picked a total of 17kgs of fruit, about half of … Continue reading
Well, it’s all over. The last of our tomatoes picked and the plants consigned to the compost heap. Its been relatively productive, 32 different varieties (many of them new to us) and over 45kg of fruit (I say over because … Continue reading
We are starting up this website again, the intention is to build something almost identical to our old website but also adding new stuff. It will take a while so bear with us.