A nutritious, tasty, quick to prepare omelette.
As usual things from our garden are in italics.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 4 eggs
- 100g baby sweetcorn
- 100g carrots
- 100g mushrooms
- 100g green or white cabbage
- 1 small red onion
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil (peanut or similar for flavour)
- To make the filling, slice the sweetcorn, mushrooms, onions, cabbage and carrots through the fine slicer on your food processor;
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a large frying pan and stir fry the chopped vegetables with the soy sauce a 1.5 tsp sugar for about five minutes, then tip them onto a plate to keep warm;
- Whilst stir frying, beat together the eggs, fish sauce remaining sugar and pepper;
- Heat half the remaining oil in the pan and pour in half the beaten egg mixture. Swirl it around to make a thin coating in the frying pan. When cooked put half the vegetable mixture onto one side of the omelette and flip the other half over the top. Slide the omelette onto a plate and repeat with the rest of the eggs & vegetable mix.
- You might have more vegetable mix than will comfortably fit onto the omelette but don't worry, just spoon it on top of the omelette.
We serve it with a salad and bread.
There you are, it takes about 20 minutes altogether.