A 1inch black cherry tomato on regular leafed indeterminate plants
Black Cherry is a small tomato with the typical deep rich flavours of black tomatoes. An early ripening, indeterminate, regular-leafed, round, tomato, the large cherry (1 inch) dusky purple/black fruits have a complex flavour, sweet but at the same time smokey and juicy.
Easy to grow and pick, but liable to splitting if overwatered. We grow it because it is one of the few cherry tomato with this depth of colour we have been able to find.
The colour adds interest to the spectrum of tomatoes merging well with the other coloured tomatoes in a salad.
The fruit are larger than Rosella and Duskier than Brown Berry.
- Fruit Type: Cherry
- Fruit Shape: Round
- Fruit Size: Average Sized Cherry
- Fruit Colour: Black/Purple
- Flesh Colour: Dark
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Seed Type: Heritage
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Time to Ripe: Early (45-50 Days)
- Taste: Excellent deep Rich
- Fruit per Truss: 11-20
- Truss Spacing: 12-15 inches
- Alternatives: Rosella, Brown Berry, Chocolate Cherry
- Our Source: Nicky's Seeds