A 3-4 inch long pointed plum shaped tomato (similar in shape to Roma but black rather than red).
A Russian/Ukrainian cultivar discovered as an accidental cross in a field of other tomatoes by Aleksey Kulik. It's been stabilised over a number of years but can still be variable.
We grew this for the first time in 2017. Its almost a thug. It grew up to the top of the greenhouse and along, with a large number of well populated trusses of fruit. The plum shaped fruit are a reasonable size, they aren’t brandywine sized but they are as large as Roma. Its an excellent tomato and good for cooking where (like many black/brown varieties), it adds richness to the colour of the sauce.
It also cropped for a reasonably long time with our last tomatoes being picked in mid October when we were clearing out the greenhouses. Well worthwhile growing and we will grow it again from our saved seeds.
- Fruit Type: Cooker
- Fruit Shape: Pointed Plum
- Fruit Size: Average Sized
- Fruit Colour: Black/Brown
- Flesh Colour: Brown
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Time to Ripe: Midseason (60+ Days)
- Taste: Excellent for cooking not really to eat raw
- Fruit per Truss: 8-10
- Truss Spacing: 12-15 inches
- Alternatives: Black Plum
- Our Source: 2016 Seed Swap
Buy Your Seeds Here
- Not found a commercial supply
Buy Your Plants Here