Dark Yellow/White Cherry on Indeterminate plants. Also known as Gold Crown.
Grown for the first time in 2018 with seeds from a seed swap, we were interested to see how this grew and to compare it to other Yellow Cherry tomatoes such as our Oleron Yellow and Nikolayev Yellow Cherry.
To be honest it was "just another" yellow cherry tomato with no special flavour or behaviour. However, it performed reasonably well and gets added to the list of comparable tomatoes. Very similar to both Oleron Yellow and Nikolayev Yellow Cherry in flavour although the truss was a different shape to Nikolayev.
It becomes one of those cultivars that goes on the list but further down than the ones I like to grow regularly.
- Fruit Type: Cherry
- Fruit Shape: Round
- Fruit Size: Medium Cherry
- Fruit Colour: Yellow
- Flesh Colour: Yellow
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Time to Ripe: Early (60 days)
- Taste: Average
- Fruit per Truss: 8-10
- Truss Spacing: 15-18 inches
- Alternatives: Oleron Yellow, Nikolayev Yellow Cherry
- Our Source: 2017 Seed Swap